- Deadline Looms to Obtain Group Health Plan IdentifiersPosted 2 months ago
- IRS Expands Midyear Election Change Rules for Section 125 PlansPosted 2 months ago
- Millennials under insured compared to other age groupsPosted 4 months ago
- 90% will qualify for individual mandate exemptionPosted 4 months ago
- Play or Pay in 2015 — so many requirements, so little timePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Challengers Eye Supreme Court DatePosted 5 months ago
- What Americans think about health insurance & hiring practicesPosted 5 months ago
- Revisiting Medical Loss Ratio RebatesPosted 5 months ago
- Education heightens employee satisfaction with benefits, employersPosted 5 months ago
- Health care employers need cure-all for retirement epidemicPosted 5 months ago
Government releases Form 5500 changes
Originally posted December 17, 2014 by Mike Nesper on Employee Benefit Advisor The government recently announced changes to the Form 5500 and the Form 5500-SF. The changes, released by the IRS, Employee Benefits Security Administration and...
- Posted 3 days ago
OFCCP Releases Final Rule on LGBT Non-Discrimination
Originally posted December 4, 2014 by Cara Crotty on ThinkHR.com The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs announced yesterday that it is issuing a Final Rule implementing President Obama’s Executive Order that prohibits federal contractors from discriminating on the bases...
- Posted 2 weeks ago
ACA lawsuit could have implications beyond health care
Employers should continue preparations to comply with the Affordable Care Act despite House Republicans’ recent lawsuit against President Obama. Read more here...
- Posted 4 weeks ago
Top 10 401(k) compliance mistakes auditors catch
Source: BenefitsPro.com There are a number of emerging Department of Labor issues that employers should be aware of in order to ensure their benefit plans are compliant and being properly administered. Knowing the DOL is going to...
- Posted 1 month ago
CMS delays enforcement of health plan identifiers in HIPAA transactions
In a surprise move, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced an indefinite delay in enforcement of regulations pertaining to “health plan enumeration and use of the Health Plan Identifier (HPID) in HIPAA transactions” that...
- Posted 1 month ago
United States: You’ve Acquired A New Qualified Retirement Plan? Time For A Compliance Check
In connection with a merger or acquisition, an acquiring company may end up assuming sponsorship of a tax-qualified retirement plan that covers employees of the acquired company. Basic due diligence on the plan likely was done during...
- Posted 2 months ago
Is it time for a checkup for your client’s 401(k) plan?
As we approach the end of the plan year for most plans, now is a good time for plan administrators and plan sponsors to give their 401(k) plans a quick once over to see if everything is...
- Posted 3 months ago
Enforcing employer policies outside the workplace
All employers adopt and enforce policies regulating conduct at the workplace. Many employers expect that employees will follow their employment polices at all times regardless of whether the employee is working or at work.
- Posted 4 months ago
IRS releases draft of employer reporting form for health reform law compliance
The draft reporting forms are the first practical application of employers' health care coverage and enrollment reporting obligations under PPACA.
- Posted 5 months ago
Employer Mandate Repeal Won’t Relinquish Employers From ACA Compliance
The employer mandate keeps getting delayed and there’s been increasing talk in the industry about what would happen if it simply stayed delayed, forever.
- Posted 7 months ago